Monday 21 November 2011

Web Design and your business

Welcome one and all! Thanks for popping by and seeing what I'm all about....

I've been in the web design business you could say for about 12 years now, and things have changed quite a lot during that time. I started out working on the website for the company I worked for back in 1999 and you could say kind of fell in love with web design there and then. Maybe fell in love is a little extreme, but I was certainly hooked, and have been ever since, not just with the design side, the aesthetics, the look and feel and all of that but the business side, how different types of business use their website, view its place within their business and go about designing, updating and generally managing their web presence.

Of course I have a vested interest in all of this having started my own business in 2001 designing and building websites. I've been doing this ever since. Despite the many ways in which the dynamics of my own particular business have evolved one thing still remains the same, and that's my interest in my clients businesses, learning about them, how they operate, the people in their company and of course how their website fits in with the other parts of their business.

So I feel the time is right for me to share a little of my experience with other business owners, web designers, freelancers and anyone else who cares to listen....I'll try and post something for everybody here, with the emphasis on the business of web design - that's your business, the web design business and any other business you think I may be able to help you with or contribute to...I'd be delighted to hear from you and will try and be as helpful and informative as I can.

1 comment:

  1. I have a vested interest in all of this having started my own business in 2001 designing and building websites. small business web design

    ReplyDelete